InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 10-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Jaguar

Unhappy Need help with installation

hey guys i have just installed iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 i didnt install any kext in the Customization window. When i tried to boot for the first time i get a grey screen with an apple logo and it doesnt pass that for like 10mins.So can anyone tell me what i should check off in the Customization window for my specs:

Motherboard: ASUS IPIBL-LB
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
Chipset: Intel G33 Express
RAM: 3GB
Hard drive: 720 GB (2 x 360) SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec)
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8500GT 256MB
Sound/Audio: Realtek ALC 888S chipset Supports up to 8 audio channels

any additional info can be found here:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c01301711

Can anyone please help me
Old 10-21-2008, 01:12 PM
Jaguar

srry wrong section
can someone please move this to the right section
thx
Old 10-21-2008, 10:12 PM

Hi,

Quote:
When i tried to boot for the first time i get a grey screen with an apple logo and it doesnt pass that for like 10mins.
Boot with the -v kernel flag to force verbose mode, which displays a log that enables you and us to see what's the issue.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:26 AM
Jaguar

hey Puttabong,
i did what u told me to i booted with -v kernal flag but i was waiting for something to appear but nothing showed up for like 30mins. This is the message it said:

Quote:
MAC Framework successfully initialized
using 15728 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers
Do i have to do something in my bios or is the the things i selected during customizing wrong. Can you please help me.
Thx in advance

Last edited by nfoav8or; 10-22-2008 at 07:55 AM.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:03 AM
Jaguar

Is there any other version of Mac OS X that will work for me?
Old 10-22-2008, 03:07 AM
Cheetah

I noticed you have two SATA drives hooked up, try disconnecting one, making sure the one remaining is set to master, then try to install...could be a RAID issue. If this doesn't work, do what I did the first time I had trouble with my SATA, find an IDE laying around, connect it up and install...probably works more times than not.

AMD 64x2 4000+
MSI Neo 2 Platinum
2 Gb Corsair DDR 400
WD 160 SATA x2
XP Professional and Kalyway Mac Pro
Old 10-22-2008, 07:18 AM

Have you tried to boot with -x flag for the first time ? If it works configure your PC and then when you see login windows, restart. I don`t know why but first boot often ( at least on my pc ) works only in -x mode. Hope it`ll help.

www.ultimae.com
Panoramic music, for panoramic people.

AMD Phenom II X6 3.5Ghz
AMD 990FX Chipset
Kingston HyperX 16GB 1600Mhz
AMD Radeon HD6850 X2 CrossFire
Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB

Last edited by Taisto; 10-22-2008 at 07:21 AM.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:04 AM

Not to correct everyone, because booting with -v will def help diagnose, but I've done some reading over at InsanelyMac about the G33 Express Chipset on the Asus IPIBL-LB board and I am afraid to report some (kind-of) bad news. No one that I have found has been able to boot normally into the systems they have running now with OS X. All have to incorporate a boot flag (which really isn't that bad if you think about it) of
Code:
cpus=4
or
Code:
cpu=1
This is because the OS can't read in to the BIOS and see the four cores initially at boot which becomes a hinderance to people not knowing that the kernel panics are normal without the codes. Everyone that I've talked to and looked at also has used a variant of Leo4All as well, with version 3 being the best talked about and most useful for them. However I am going to work with the distro you've talked about having already... iDeneb v1.3.

When you are looking for the chipset to install for in your customizing, look for the ICHxFixed as yours also passes for this selection.

For your Audio, use the ALC888 fix that works for you in the end... with your system already being an 8.1 system, the max I think you'll get out of it all is through the 888 6 port (and don't select the digital out unless you actually have it).

For your Video, wait until after you've installed your system and have made sure it boots properly before fixing this up. There are many ways to fix it and I'll list a few here. The injects that were talked about in response to your other post (that after reading again now, I've figured out it was exactly like this one) were correct. Use Zephyroth's Universal NVidia Installer (PM me for the link) and make sure you select the correct kexts to install.
This should fix up your video with the Inject files... if you are looking for something more native and a little more challenging, we can talk about EFI later.

Now for a little more bad news. The few other posts I've read over at InsanelyMac talked about having to flash their bios to make it recognize the 4 cores (without the boot flag) but they don't have modded bios for your board (and yes, it is already on request) but I wouldn't jump off that bridge just yet... the cpus=4 is a perfectly good fix for it and can be written right in to your com.apple.Boot.plist file (which contains the kernels, flags, and device properties (if you used EFI strings). in Terminal:
Code:
sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist
in the "kernel flags" string portion.

Hope this helps!

Cheers.

Last edited by nfoav8or; 10-24-2008 at 09:26 PM. Reason: edited for content. No links to non-opensource software anymore.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Jaguar

nfoav8or,
thx so much but when i typed cpus=4 and i tried cpus=1 but it still didnt boot into the OS. So i am going to try to get Leo4all v3 and then can you help me from there on.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:58 PM

Hi kisho,

Did you also try safe mode (-x), like Taisto suggested?

I'd try

-x cpus=4

Leo4allv3 is worth a try, of course.

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.