InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 09-26-2009, 08:23 PM
Cheetah

i have solved the itunes and spotlight problem with Front Row still working.I also found the location of the "volume slider" but patching it did not help.

The location is System/Library/coreservices/menu extras/volume.menu but as i said the solution is not there.

I guess we can back up the Front Row inside System/Library then patch the whole System/Library folder and then paste back the front row.This may work but i am not willing to try a reformat just for a volume slider in case it fails (i use front row)

Last edited by maxx; 09-26-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:18 PM

Marvin found 2 cpuid that cannot be patched:

/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemUIServer.app/Contents/MacOS/SystemUIServer
/System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/Contents/MacOS/NVDAResman

And 7 encrypted binaries:

/System/Library/CoreServices/backupd
/System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app/Contents/MacOS/Dock
/System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/MacOS/Finder
/System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS/loginwindow
/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemUIServer.app/Contents/MacOS/SystemUIServer
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ATS.framework/Versions/A/Support/fontd
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Metadata.framework/Versions/A/Support/mds

Should I decrypt these? Everything is working fine so far...

Maxx, thanks for your help again, as you can see the SystemUIServer.app can not be patched and I think (it's just an idea) that is the responsible for the slider issue.
My console reports this at startup:
SystemUIServer[1298] MenuCracker: Allowing "iStatMenusCPU".

Anyway, I'll better wait for Andy's patch as this volume thing is not a big deal.

EDIT: I've managed to make the keyboard volume keys to work. It seems controllermate needed to be updated for snow.
Still having the slider issue but it's even less annoying now that I can control the volume with my keyboard.

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ @2.3Ghz - Motherboard: ASUS A8N-SLI nForce4 SLI - nForceLAN by eno - SuperNForceATA by Medevil - RAM:2 GB DDR 333Mhz Audio: ALC850 Video: XFX nVidia GeForce 8400GS 256Mb (0x06e4) QE & CI from Chameleon 2 RC4Ethernet: Realtek RTL 8139 Series (working out of the box) OS: Snow Leopard 10.6.4 (aryajuanda's guide) + Windows XP 64bits

Last edited by eMatoS; 09-27-2009 at 06:01 AM.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:48 AM
Cheetah

It is the systemuiserver BUT partially and here is what i mean.

I have successfully patched using Marvins AMD utility the SystemUIserver app and now the slider bar on the menu bar works ok BUT the volume slider that pops up when you increase or decrease volume from keyboard still stays the same.

However it is one step forward.

I am pretty sure now that if we back up front row inside Coreservices,then patch the whole Coreservices folder and finally paste back the front row into Coreservices that will solve all these problems while keeping front row working.I am saying this beause when i was patching Coreservices folder everything was working as it should except Front Row.

So, theoretically all we have to do is exclude Front Row from being patched.

I did a clean install yesterday and i am not willing to try this coz i cant stand another format.Anyone willing to try it?

Last edited by maxx; 09-27-2009 at 07:57 AM.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:52 AM

I have already patched all the coreservices folder and still have the slider problem, but as I said before, I've managed to make the keyboard volume keys to work. On the other hand I cannot patch systemuiserver, don't know why but I just can't. This is what the patcher tells me:

File does not contain the reference bytes at vmaddr 0x34d87 (fileoffs 0xc3d87)!
0 of 1 patches applied

EDIT: done, I wasn't decrypting the binaries, just patching the cpuid, now I've done both and the slider is working!!
Strange thing is that I haven't decrypted any of the many binaries reported by Marvin and they are working fine so far. The encrypted files are listed above.

Thanks for your help maxx, and don't be afraid to patch the coreservices folder (except for frontrow of course) but perhaps you shouldn't run the decrypter, just the cpuid patcher.

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ @2.3Ghz - Motherboard: ASUS A8N-SLI nForce4 SLI - nForceLAN by eno - SuperNForceATA by Medevil - RAM:2 GB DDR 333Mhz Audio: ALC850 Video: XFX nVidia GeForce 8400GS 256Mb (0x06e4) QE & CI from Chameleon 2 RC4Ethernet: Realtek RTL 8139 Series (working out of the box) OS: Snow Leopard 10.6.4 (aryajuanda's guide) + Windows XP 64bits
Old 09-27-2009, 10:05 AM
Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMatoS View Post
I have already patched all the coreservices folder and still have the slider problem, but as I said before, I've managed to make the keyboard volume keys to work. On the other hand I cannot patch systemuiserver, don't know why but I just can't. This is what the patcher tells me:

File does not contain the reference bytes at vmaddr 0x34d87 (fileoffs 0xc3d87)!
0 of 1 patches applied

EDIT: done, I wasn't decrypting the binaries, just patching the cpuid, now I've done both and the slider is working!!
Strange thing is that I haven't decrypted any of the many binaries reported by Marvin and they are working fine so far. The encrypted files are listed above.

Thanks for your help maxx, and don't be afraid to patch the coreservices folder (except for frontrow of course) but perhaps you shouldn't run the decrypter, just the cpuid patcher.
I am not sure i completely understood.Can u please elaborate some more.Which option did u choose on Marvins AMD util and which folder exactly did u choose?

I repeat that slider in meny bar works for me too.Its the pop up slider that does not work.

Thank you for your help man.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:17 AM
Jaguar

Run Marvin's Utility like in the picture:

When finished go to desktop AMD.Patch.Folder, the current date folder, and copy patches folder to the root of Snow drive:

Reboot and boot with -s and type this:
Code:
/sbin/mount -uw /
cd /patches
./patcher ./cpuid.txt
reboot
And here is the Front Row.app fix
Copy to System/Library/CoreServices
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?njq0qgmeud2

Mac OS X 10.7.2 11C40 - Vanilla kernel
Gigabyte GA-P43T-ES3G - Intel Q8300 - 4 GB Geil DDRIII 1333MHz
EVGA GeForce GTX 460 SC 1024 MB - Linksys WMP54GS PCI
Old 09-27-2009, 10:44 AM
Cheetah

Thx man.An alternative solution t this which i followed is what i said earlier if someone doesnt want to mess with commands.

Just patch the System/Library folder by selecting the last option from marvins AMD utility BUT before patching it back up the front row app inside System/Library/CoreServices.After that reboot and paste front row you backed up earlier int System/Library/Coreservices.

That will do the trick.

Nice feedback everyone!

maybe these solutions should go by the original poster as a workaround in the first page of the guide.

Last edited by maxx; 09-27-2009 at 11:15 AM.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:24 PM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryajuanda View Post
Are u sure u have replce the boot file, u can use boot file from 1st post or using boot file from chameleon rc3

For intel user or some one who like to try boot 64 bit mode on testt7 kernel you can try boot with -64_bit

Not working on my rig becauce amd doesnot have syscall64, but i can see 64 bit mode enable with -64_bit boot arg
I have a proper boot file and I dont think that the boot file is the problem, boot process goes through all the way and just when it should start with login screen, it goes to KP.

I probably have to wait for a better amd kernel.

Last edited by RetroRen; 09-27-2009 at 06:46 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroRen View Post
I have a proper boot file and I dont think that the boot file is the problem, boot process goes through all the way and just when it should start with login screen, it goes to KP.

I probably have to wait for a better amd kernel.
what is your VGA card? do you use efi string for your VGA or use an injector?

Intel Core2Quad Q8400
Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L
4 GB kit DDR2 PC 6400 G-Skill BlackEdition
500 Gb Seagate Baracuda SATA
GeForce 9600 GT 512 MB GDDR3 256Bit
Mac OS X 10.6.2 || Leopard 10.5.8 || Windows 7

Visit my OSX86 Blog : http://osx86.boeaja.info
Old 09-28-2009, 09:55 AM
Cheetah

Hi aryajuanda, I have updated my Snow to 10.6.1 update patched using zephyroth's AMD patcher, everything works fine, but Dock is disappears , how to get it back?

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.