InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 09-21-2009, 07:08 PM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by twr View Post
hello there !

been working for a while on my dsdt using pieces of code taken here and there, and everything but keyboard/mouse (wired Apple alu. + Razer Diamondback plasma) wake-on-sleep and shutdown menu call from power button (even with the _CID trick ...)

for now, using retail 10.5.8 with boot-think 2.3.18 (modded AppleLPC, fakesmc v.2, CPUPMdisabler, R1000 & vanilla IONet + IOPCI and sleepenabler in D/L/E.mkext) ; EFI strings for TM / en0 builtin fix and video (GeForce 8800GS + 384 Mo DDR3 SDRAM, PEG) on a GA G31M-ES2L rev. 1.1.
it wont work, tried a few dsdt patch on leo and snow and still the KB wont wake my machine from sleep.. we have the same mobo and kb except that for the mouse im using wireless mighty mouse. I can wake from sleep using a keyboard if i use my old wired apple keyboard (plastic w/ white clear keys).

for the PWRB dsdt hack, same goes here. my machine just sleeps but it's not showing the shutdown menu .. not a biggie though, im much more interested in waking from sleep using a Kb instead of my power button.

case: G4 QuicksilverSnow 10.6.2● Gigabyte G31M-ES2L rev1 F10 Bios ● Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 ● XFX 9600GT Extreme Ed ● 4GB TeamElite Xtreeme 1066Mhz ● PCI 3port Firewire 400 ● PCI Linksys WMP300N v1 ● Apple Magic Mouse ● Apple Aluminum Keyboard ● 23inch Apple HD Cinema Display ● uMacbook Pro 2.4 ● MacMini 1.8 HT ● White 24 iMac 2.16 ●
Old 09-21-2009, 11:33 PM
Jaguar

@osxfr33k if you could post your entire dsdt it would be much easier to fix.

@sk1nhd33t I am using the extended keyboard (with number pad)

GA EP35-DS3P - Intel Q9550 - 2 X 2GB Dominator 1066Mhz, EVGA 8800GTS 512MB
2x320Gb SATA in Software Raid 0, 1x1.5TB for Time machine and storage (Geekbench 6293)
10.6 Retail 64bit Using DSDT for audio-889a, video-8800gts, ethernet w/TM fix, USB fix, and SATA fix.
MacBook 2,1 - 10.6 Retail
MacBook 3,1 - 10.6 Retail
Old 09-22-2009, 12:42 AM
Puma

If your still using IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector and/or AHCIPortInjector, try the SATA Fix, then you can omit those 2 kexts.

I also want to add that with this fix, I can wake from sleep with usb kb+mouse. I am using an old MS Keyboard, and a Logitech G9.

My power button can only sleep the system with the setting ticked in sys prefs. This is after the pwrb dsdt fix. Otherwise, with the option disabled, it does nothing.

My snow leopard is running beautifully. I have but one issue, that is switching between spaces, it is laggy!. I don't think this is on my side, because every other thing is incredibly smooth, smoother than Leopard, and this animation in Leopard worked well. Am I correct in assuming this much?

I think a few real mac users are experiencing this, and there is one "fix" that involves messing with QE, and I'm not sure I'm ready to do that. Some reported it went away eventually, other say it's only when booting in 64bit, which alludes to the issue residing on apple's drivers? I dunno... Right now, I'm just trying to ignore it...
Old 09-22-2009, 12:54 AM
Jaguar

Alright.... Still working on wake from apple keyboard issue. But I think we are the right track with the USB1 theory. It is because the keyboard is detected as usb2 that it will not work.

In my bios, under integrated peripherals, I can disable USB2 controller. With this disabled the apple alum. keyboard wakes the system from sleep every time.

Not a real fix, especially if you are using external USB drives (mine are eSATA). Another problem is that only 2 of the 8 rear USB ports on the board work with USB2 disabled.

But I do believe that if someone tried the keyboard plugged into a USB1 hub, that it might work... as far as waking system from sleep.

All this leads me to believe that the EHCI portion of the DSDT could be changed to resolve this. I have tried 4 or 5 different EHCI "fixes" and none have worked. But the answer is out there somewhere... I'll keep looking.

2x320Gb SATA in Software Raid 0, 1x1.5TB for Time machine and storage (Geekbench 6293)
10.6 Retail 64bit Using DSDT for audio-889a, video-8800gts, ethernet w/TM fix, USB fix, and SATA fix.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:59 AM
Cheetah

does that mean that I can turn off that option and 2 of the ports will be usb 1.1 and the rest will be 2.0? That would work fine for me .
Old 09-22-2009, 02:06 AM
Puma

wwbsox here ya go. The DSDT.dsl is the one that works I would say 100% except for the graphics not being inserted. I used DSDTSE to create the DSDT.dsl. The dropdown had separate fixes for DTGP, HPET and RTC etc and it seems that they must have gotten put into place or maybe not? I am not sure if powermanagement is working but I have sleep/awake/restart/shutdown is flawless. USB no problems.

Graphics is 7300GT 256mb, which I have changed a few things as you will see in the dsdt-graphics.dsl file. Also will be putting in a 9800 GT 512MB one day to

I would like to incorporate that into the DSDT.dsl and remove the EFI string from the com.apple.boot.plist if its possible. The Marvell Lan's work Great!! I do see kexts for the marvel in my Extra/extensions so I would like to have that ready made in the DSDT so I don't have to load them unless its not being used and its already fixed in the DSDT file?

I am unsure if the CMOS fix was done but I don't suffer any changes in my Bios? I am in Snow 10.6.1 using an Asus Maximus Formula X38 chipset with the latest Bios. I also have the GA-EP35-DS4 gigabyte that I willbe working on next after I solve the remaining minor details on this ASus Board.

I am attaching now. Hope you can help and greatly appreciated to. dsdt.dsl's generated by DSDTSE.

CAn you let me know exactly where the Graphics-dsdt.dsl script should be placed or maybe place it for me so I can see. I think I shoul dhave maybe put it further down the Device (PCI0) script or not? I got scripting erros when I merged it between the Device (PCI0) and Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0A08")).

Should it be placed somewhere else?

Thanks

EDITED a Few Minutes later.

It does not look like I have the RTC, CMOS nor PWRB fix? I assumed it was put into place with DSDTSE. Now I wonder if HPET and DTGP fixes are in place? If not its weird how well the DSDT is working so far except a major crash when I launch Chess is OSX. I verfied with other utils etc that acceleration is working fine.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dsdt.zip (28.3 KB, 57 views)
File Type: zip dsdt-Graphics.zip (1.5 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by osxfr33k; 09-22-2009 at 02:44 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:55 AM
Jaguar

@osxfr33k

Not all MB need the CMOS reset fix for Snow (Your Gigabyte will though)

I looked at it real quick. Method DTGP is in your DSDT, but i dont think think the placement of the graphics section looks correct. So lets get that fixed so you can remove the string from your boot.Plist.

I downloaded the latest bios rom for your board from Asus. I am going to generate a DSDT with ACPI Patcher in windows with all the fixes and graphics included.

Using that... I can compare the graphics sections and fix your DSDT. I will also upload the newly generated DSDT for you to try (after work).

Old 09-22-2009, 11:07 AM
Jaguar

@ohwhyme

No.... Unfortunately on my board, when I disable USB2 Controller in the bios, only 2 of the rear usb ports work (USB1) and no USB2 at all. I didn't test it much, just moved the mouse from port to port. The mouse worked in only the 2 bottom ports on the board. Didn't test the 2 front usb ports. And of course the 2 USB ports on the keyboard work.

USB2 is not port specific (that would be great), its device specific. No matter what USB port you use if you plug in a USB2 device, it will register as such. Same for USB1.

The problem is... trying to get the keyboard registered as USB1. This will fix wake from sleep issue.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:04 PM
Puma

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbsox View Post
If you could...post the entire dsdt.dsl before any changes. I will try to patch the dsdt and recompile. The errors list different line numbers to look at, but without a complete dsdt I cant track those down.

Also, what hardware are you using, this info may help people with the same setup offer help.
wwbsox did you get a chance to look at my dsdt, pertaining to the errors I was getting when replacing the USB0-USB6?

Thanks

Motherboard: Asus P5E-VM DO AMT configured (can be powered on/off remotely) Processor: Intel Quad Core Q6600 @ 2.4GHz GO stepping. Memory: 4GB OCZ - OCZ2P10004GK 1000 MHz; Graphics/Video: Dual Head XFX NVIDIA 7900 GTX 512mb flashed to QUADRO FX 5500(Thanks to Aquamac); Display: Dual Dell 2007WFP & New Dell 2707WFP Main Monitor; Harddrive: (1.) 500GB WDC5000AAKS - (2.)500 GB Seagate ST3500630AS SATA; Optical Drive: DVD DHQ6A1L : Network: Built-in Intel 82566MM running on 32/64.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:45 PM
Puma

wwbsox, If you do that I would feel more comfortable to donate. I am the kind of person that if someone can do you a favor you should return the favor as well. Please PM you paypal address. I have to check my bios make sure its the latest one. I am sure it is from december2008/jan 2009.

That seems to be a very compatible board with osx86.

Could you send me one with graphics and without. Reason is because it seems chameleon is handling my 7300GT well. Dunno about when I install my 9800 GT 512 mb card? Will the dsdt have to be extracted again with a different Graphics card as long as the code for it is not in the dsdt?

Could I have the source or .dsl file with it to so I can compare it to a couple I have already.

Not sure about the Dual Marvel Lan but most users have to have a kext for it in the extra/extensions.

The new version of DSDTSE seems to automatically put in the three fixes RTC, DTGP and HPET even though they are in the drop down hack menu?

I wish there aw a tutorial on where to actually place the hacks in DSDTSE?

I get a kernel panic when I launch Chess and only Chess. I have checked Acceleration with the usual ways with no panics.

I have BIOS Version 1302 back in December 2008 is when that was released. The DSDT.aml is the one extracted from the Linux Ubuntu Live CD. The DSDT.dsl-working_but-possibly-not-all-fixes.zip shoudl be the one I already attached for you. The log.txt.zip I think I already attached from my prior thread but here it is again just in case

Thanks again

EDITED a few hours later:

I did not think about this but let me also send to you the DSDT.aml created in Ubnuntu 9.04 Live CD because that DSDT.dsl I sent you was created on a nearly working Asus Maximus Formula in Snow. So I am not sure if it is extracting some of the exsiting DSDT already loaded from the /extra folder or not? I am also attaching my error log file again about the graphics and really important my ioreg dump from leopard. Just in case you need them.

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.

Attached Files
File Type: zip dsdt.dsl-working_but-possibly-not-all-fixes.zip (30.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: zip log.txt.zip (3.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: zip dsdt.aml.zip (16.9 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by osxfr33k; 09-23-2009 at 01:01 AM.