View Single Post

Old 09-26-2011, 10:48 PM
Cheetah

Thank you!

Wow, 2 years later and @wwbsox's original post of the DSDT USB fix worked for me on a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P ... I believe it's ICH10R. Had success doing this method twice, once for the same board under 10.6.8 and one under 10.5.8.

I used these basic instructions http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/...r-dsdtaml.html to extract, modify, and compile my DSDT but had to add two fixes. Steps 1-4, 7, 8, 9.

Here's the general idea:
1) You get the DSDT tool, install it, and use it to extract your DSDT
2) You use Tonymac blog instructions about adding "Method DGTP" before the _WAK area... you only use part of the fix he mentions so don't copy/paste the whole thing...the important part of the "method" is at the beginning and then it has a sample area.
3) You find the USB section that starts with "Device (USB0)" and you'll replace the entire USB sections with the text from @wwbsox's fix in the first post here. You're basically swapping out the USB sections. I left a one-line space before and after my insertion.
4) If you just try to compile now, you'll probably get some warnings and errors so
5) One of the TonyMac comments tells you the first fix 'The gigabyte-included DSDT is flawed and will not compile. In the two error lines, change the first Local0 parameter to "Zero" (without the quotes).' What they mean is that there are two areas where you will see (Local0, Local0) and you want it to look like (Zero, Local0)
6) And add this at the end of the _WAK Method:
Return(Package(0x02){0x00, 0x00})
7) If you do it right, when you go to compile your DSDT you won't get any warnings.
8) I moved mine to /Extra, renamed it from dsdt.aml to DSDT.aml... and did a sudo chown 0:0 on the DSDT.aml file (or sudo chown root:wheel if you prefer) and sudo chmod 755 on it for good measure... and repaired permissions.... then I restarted.
9) This enabled me to sleep/wake USB drives with no device removal errors! Wooohoooo! I have used some alternative IOUSBFamily.kexts before but believe I can remove them now... If your system hangs or something, you can probably boot into single user mode (-s) and remove the DSDT.aml file from there (rename it to DSDT.bak if you want)

Good luck everybody!