View Single Post

Old 08-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Panther

I'm not sure about other types of changes. But if you change the amount of RAM installed, you should remake the DSDT.

Whether you need to do it for things changes to audio, graphics, firewire, etc., will depend on whether you have customized your DSDT to support audio, graphics, firewire etc in some way.

If you don't have extensive customizations to your DSDT then I doubt very much that changing your hard disk, graphics card or audio card, etc., will change your DSDT.

But it's a testable hypothesis. Save your old DSDT.dsl file, and then generate a new one after installing your hardware. Diff the two (if you have Xcode installed, you can use opendif from the Terminal) and see if there's any changes.

If you do find changes, post back here so we can all learn some more mystic DSDT tricks...

-u

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocShadow View Post
So .. are you implying that anytime I change my system hardware I should remake the DSDT or are there only certain hardware changes that affect the file?

Thanks

--
MacBook Pro - have allergy to nickel in the aluminum casing. So my kid gets an expensive toy!

Gateway MX 8738 - Retail, vanilla Snow Leopard 10.6.2 (thanks kizwan!) with Chameleon RC4, modified DSDT. Upgraded to Core 2 CPU (easy to do). Upgraded to 640GB drive. Everything but SD card working. Minor niggles. GMA950 with QE/CI and *no* artifacts.

iMac (luxo/lamp) G4 with Tiger.