View Single Post

Old 03-19-2010, 04:54 PM
Cheetah

As others have said, great thread. I've got the ASRock X58 Extreme / i7 920 combo like the rest of you.

I've been messing with this for a couple of weeks and have learned a lot, but I still don't have a working rig. Taking all of what I've just read into mind, though, I think I should be able to use adriangb's dsdt file with myHack to give it another shot today.

With the dsdt file, I've looked at it with DSDTE but I really have no idea what I'm looking at. It should basically work me, but I'm wondering about my Graphics card. How can I insert the EFI string for it? The graphics card is a BFG 8800 GTS.

Right now I'm running 1.8 BIOS because I simply cannot update using InstantFlash. I've formatted my thumbdrive with FAT32 like ASRock recommends, but InstantFlash refuses to recognize the 1.9 update file. I'll try to send a problem report to ASRock to see if they can suggest anything.

What has been decided are the best BIOS settings? Adriangb, would you mind taking photos of each BIOS page? That would be really beneficial.

And, Joeboxer, you might be able to use the Lifehacker Snow Leopard Guide as an idea for booting without Empire. Specifically, the last paragraph:

Quote:
As things stand on your system right now, you need to have your thumb drive plugged in every time you reboot in order to load the bootloader that allows your Hackintosh to load OS X. There are certain benefits to this (for example, right now you could quite likely unplug this hard drive from your Hackintosh, plug it into a Mac Pro, and it would work just fine), but it can also be a bit of a hassle. At this point, though, you can load the bootloader and other necessary components onto the Snow Leopard hard drive and change that drive to your primary boot drive in your BIOS. All you've got to do is head back to the step-by-step bootloader guide above and repeat every step, except this time you're applying each step to your hard drive rather than your thumb drive.