View Single Post

Old 08-13-2011, 04:35 PM
Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorazine74 View Post
These strings are not used in boot.plist, they are just the device ids of the cards recognized by apple's drivers, if your card is not there you would need to add its id to the plist, if your card is there and it still doesnt work the problem is something else like an incompatible laptop screen like some vaio's. What is your hardware, did it work in leopard?
I believe I have one of the Sony Vaios, the VGN-AR840E. Currently updated SL install up to 10.6.8 starting with Retail 10.6.3 disc with Nawcom's ModCD 3.1. Only had to delete and reinstall Apple80211Monitor.bundle to get the wireless fixed. Now my video only shows 5-7 MB VRAM recognized, no QE/CE, and video over internet or graphic file for movies are quite choppy.

My BIOS was modded to provide for AHCI and VT enabling. Before could only install up to 10.6.3, with several headaches. Now, only headaches are lack of LAN Ethernet recognized (laptop has a Marvell Yukon 88E8055), the nVidia issues for video and About this Mac crashing screen then refreshing.

Btw, I have both a DSDT.aml generated by DSDT Auto Patch, compiled with 0 erros, and an smbios.plist file for a Macbook4,1 (not a MBpro).

Can you shed some light and guidance to get me over the hump with either the LAN or video problems?

Hopeful in sunny South Florida