View Single Post

Old 10-29-2009, 02:51 AM
Cheetah

nevermind:

Ignore the NVResman.bak...it was left over from previous attempts...I am not sure if I modified that NVResman,
that's why I included the ones from my working system...As I trial and error-ed so many items I can't remember.

I have on other systems gotten that KP after what appeared to be a successful boot.
I found that happening if I passed the -f flag at the darwin prompt.
I would snuggest not using the -f flag.
With this system if there was a cache flush at boot
(you know that major rolling of all your extensions)...
it would always end in a KP before arriving at a desktop screen.

I was able to resolve that by booting into another leopard installation and running the scripts from Conti's site.
I believe the rebuilding of the extension.mext was essential in eliminating the KP.
Remember you have to include the full path when running commands from a different partition
ie add: /Volumes/OSX86 in front of /System and replacing OSX86 with your snow partition name...

sorry if you are competent at all this...
When testing I created a text file with the 3 command strings and would paste each command in the terminal one at a time.
I avoided typos that way...as I am a lousy typist...This helped me speed up the testing time.
As I must of tried about 20 different permutations of various enablers...drove me nuts btw...
You might try Contis pfix v2.1.1
I believe you can pick the drive you want to repair the permissions on, allowing easy repairs on a different volume.
The link for pfix v2.1.1 is on this page: http://is.gd/4GwIo

I do not use the kexts loaded in a extra folder...all mine go in S/L/E folder...

I just used the legacy kernel (naming it mach_legacy and adding the name in the boot plist).
My CPU does show it having sse3 but will not boot with a vanilla kernel
(see pics_with lispci there is a shot of the terminal showing the features of my CPU)
pic link: http://twitpic.com/msl1y

Hopefully I have answered your questions

If you are making it to the log in screen it might be different kext messing things up...it might be your NIC.
You might disable it in your bios and see if you can resolve the video issue and then work on the NIC.

Hopefully I have answered your questions. I am not an expert at this hackintoshing, but have been doing it since deadmoo.
If I have learned anything; the choice of your hardware dictates your success.
Although in some sick way I do enjoy getting OSX running on marginal systems...as it can drive you crazzy...
Best of luck with your project!