View Single Post

Old 09-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Tiger

Thanks Snow and momergil! but it broke the system.

Copied dsdt.aml to root. Rebooted and AppleHDA panic'ed. during boot (just -v)

Reboot again in verbose, no KP, but AppleHDA gave back "assertion 0" error codes, went to desktop, and in desktop, "warm" KP. Just before, I managed to see that device ID is Device ID: 0x10250146, Audio ID: 12 and all ports show up.

In Leo and SL Install stage, it reads

DEVICE ID: 0x1458A002
Audio ID: 12

So, that may be a clue.

Anyway, tried rebooting again, and when the screen goes black to wake up again and show desktop... it flashes black and blues in 5 second intervals, and stays like that, same symptom as my previous attempts with SL.
I go in Leo and put SL in an enclosure, delete dsdt.aml from root and verify disk just in case one of my "power shutdowns" went bad, but drive seems ok.
Tried rebooting with SL in -x and -x32 and -x -x32... same symptom.
So basically, my install broke. Thank God I have a base image of it !
The first and second dsl file I uploaded here, I already tried editing a bit, only below the HDEF entry, just as per first King's tutorial, the rest I didn't dare do.

I will upload in this post an un-edited file from my recently patched aml file that was forced compiled and newHPET using GUI patcher 1.02

Why would this file break my install? and What did it do, that removing it still screws with SL?
I'll try cloning it again and try fresh with this dsdt.aml again...
I have gfx string in com.apple.Boot.plist, but we did nothing in dsdt for gfxs, this symptom happened before and I dont know how to recoup from it.

Ideas?
Attached Files
File Type: zip dsdt.dsl.zip (26.5 KB, 7 views)

Acer 6936g 864G32mn [@ Snow Leopard 10.6.1 32/64bit
C2D 2,4Ghz 4Gb 1066mhz DDR3 9600m GT 512 GDDR3

___Snow Leopard tutorial -> http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/guide...ted-for-t4183/
_________Leopard
tutorial ->http://www.infinitemac.com/f19/guide...-iatkos-t3357/

Last edited by Gurruwiwi; 09-03-2009 at 08:56 PM.