View Single Post

Old 09-14-2009, 07:31 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Quartz Extreme / Core Image being something that needs to be enabled. How do I know if this is working properly?
if you have no choppiness or video lag when playing videos it probably means its enabled... the thing is they say that the system profiler doesnt show the info about CI/QE anymore... ive read that if its not enabled, launching the dvd player app will give u an error... so launch that and see if it errors... if not, ur fine...

Quote:
I'm still having trouble getting my audio to work. I installed the legacy883.kext ( it's supposed to work w\ my board ) using kext utility and there still isn't an audio device showing up in the sound preferences.
i personally havent used legacy883.kext so i cant vouch for that...

Quote:
Is voodoohda.kext some kind of universal sound driver that works with all boards?
i think that's what their goal is... and ive read that voodoohda works with ALC833... so try the following:

1. get rid of all other sound kexts that u have added, from both /E/E and /S/L/E

2. download the latest voodoohda and extract it...

3. copy voodoohda.kext to /S/L/E and run the following commands in terminal to fix repair permissions and rebuid mkext caches...

• sudo chown -R root:wheel /system/library/extensions
  • sudo chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions
  • sudo diskutil repairpermissions /volumes/NAMEOFSNOWVOLUME
  • sudo touch /system/library/extensions

4. install the voodoohda pref pane by double-clicking on it...

5. reboot and pray to the hackintosh gods :-)

if that didnt work for you, u might have to do some custom DSDT hacking and use some other patched kexts... remember reading about it but cant remember from where... google is ur friend :-)

Quote:
I also need a ethernet solution as I have a rev. 2 board. The tp-link tg-3269 was recommended in this thread, but it doesn't seem to be available in any of the US based sites/stores. Is there an alternative NIC that works just as well? I've also though about buying one of these apple usb ethernet adapters as the inside of my case is pretty tightly packed.
after some brief searching it looks like a kext for the rev2 board ethernet doesnt exist... (i may be wrong thoug)... keep searchin...

the apple usb adapter thing looks like a good cheap option considering ur space problems...

Quote:
Sorry if these questions are beyond the scope of your thread but you seem to really know what you're doing. Thanks DJ.
no worries brotha... and ur welcome...