View Single Post

Old 09-14-2009, 01:58 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by drossxyu View Post
Quote:
'sh: clear: command not found'
it is safe to ignore that... that is output by Fassl's dsdt patcher... its trying to clear the screen but it cant find the clear command on the install dvd... i cant fix that... but it doesnt do any harm... if you look more closely there will be one more error by the dsdt patcher that says something like "TAR command missing" and that is also not a problem...

Quote:
chameleon never really appears any more. I no longer have the option of booting into my windows drive
aha... that is cos i've reduced the time that chameleon waits for your input from 5 secs to 1 sec... you can get chameleon to display a list of drives in either two ways...

1. edit the "/extra/com.apple.boot.plist" and increase the timeout value from 1 to whatever you want...

2. simply keep pressing the left and right arrow keys one after the other while ur machine boots, and chameleon will be interrupted and the list of drives will be displayed...

Quote:
and my screen just floods w\ text before it automatically goes into SL.
again edit the boot plist file and remove the "-v" part from there to get rid of the verbose mode boot... you will have the grey apple screen with the spinning wheely thing...

ive included the -v cos that actually fixed my computer not waking up from sleep... but ur comp might not need that...

Quote:
My graphics card still isn't being recognized
try using an EFI string from OSX86Tools... and get rid of the "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" part from the boot plist...

Quote:
My sound also isn't working.
as noted on the main post, sound, network, etc drivers dont work from /extra/extensions...

u gotta install them to /system/library/extensions...

remove them from /E/E

download kext utility... drag and drop voodoohda onto kext utility to install them to /S/L/E...

or move them manually and issue the permission repair commands as noted on the main post...