View Single Post

Old 04-05-2010, 02:39 PM
Cheetah

10.6.3 Update for X61

I managed to get some time to update my OSX installation today. Here are the steps:
  1. Download the OSX 10.6.3 Update and the new kext bundle attached.
  2. Mount it and double-click the .pkg inside.
  3. Run the installation as you would normally.
  4. After it has finished don't click the restart button. Instead, open a terminal and type:
    Code:
    sudo mv /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext.del
    sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions/SleepEnabler.kext
  5. Copy the SleepEnabler.kext from the bundle, wait for OSX to finish updating the kext caches (you can see this happen if you watch All Messages in Console).
  6. Reboot to 10.6.3 using the -f kernel switch in Chameleon (just to make sure ).
Remember to backup your installation before doing this!

I've removed VoodooPS2.PrefPane from the attached bundle because it wasn't working. Also removed VoodooBattery.kext since it hasn't worked for a while (10.6.2 and 10.6.3). Updated VoodooHDA.kext to the 256 release from VoodooProjects and it uses AppleClip. It's WAY better than the one I was using before and now the microphone is working properly for Skype. Woohoo! Hope you all have success with this stuff.

Known Issues
  • Adjusting display brightness using the keyboard does not work. The slider in Displays Preferences works though.
  • SDHC card insertion locks up the system (untested since update to 10.6.3). No workaround yet.
  • Sleep and radio disable switch result in bluetooth being unavailable in following boots. Boot to Linux or Windows to bring bluetooth chip back online. Might be fixable with a DSDT change.
  • Display brightness is uneven when not at 95% or 100%. No workaround yet.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SL_X61-10.6.3_1.zip (507.3 KB, 553 views)

Last edited by sammys; 04-05-2010 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Added known issues and updated zip file