View Single Post

Old 10-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Cheetah

Audio for ES2L v2.x board

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8nitehackin View Post
@sk1nhd33t

I did verify HDEF is listed in DSDT. Now as to whether or not that means I'm ok just because I see it remains to be seen. But I did use the one I got from the first page of this thread with no modifications.. perhaps that's my issue? I've read where you can patch it... but need to research further and see if that would help? I even tried to generate EFI string for HDEF and put in my com.apple.Boot.plist... but still nothing.

Anyway... I'm at a loss as I did go through all your steps and don't seem to be any closer to hearing music?! As I mentioned, sound works flawlessly in 10.5.8.. but I cannot select any device in System preferences / Sound in my SL install. Arrgh..

I've even managed to successfully install 10.5.8 on my Nvidia chipset system which was much more difficult than the gigabyte 10.5.8. ( but haven't tried to put SL on that board yet )

Just as a side note... I have a USB speaker system from Logitech that I decided to plug in just for the heck of it.. and of course it shows up immediately in sound preferences and works great. Now, something else that I haven't tried that may be a possible conflict is I do have a creativesound card installed in one of my PCI slots. I use it when I boot from XP as it's full blown surround for games, movies, etc... perhaps that may be causing some conflicts with my onboard sound? But again.. no issues in 10.5.8.

It's time to take a break for awhile and maybe jump back with a clear mind later. Thnx for everyone's input....
hi L8nitehackin

I also have the version 2.x of the board and I was having the exact same problem: everything working (with a separate NIC, not using the onboard LAN) except SL can't see onboard audio.

the problem I was having was I was using Chameleon 2RC2...i switched to RC3 and used the kexts and DSDT.aml posted by sk1nhd33t and voila! WE GOTZ AUDIO LOLZ!

to recap:

- use the kexts provided by sk1nhd33t
- use the DSDT.aml (patched with HDEF already) by sk1nhd33t
- use Chameleon 2.0 RC3

all three are crucial to have on board audio working for ES2L v2.x boards

Hope this helps!!

infinitemac community rules! sk1nhd33t's guide is awesome! i would have never managed to build my Hackint0sh without his guide! Ayos ka talaga, tsong! (translation: You're alright, brother!) :-)