View Single Post

Old 09-29-2009, 05:04 PM
Cheetah

sk1nhd33t, thank you so much for all the time/work you've put into this and helping others get up and running. I'm brand new to this and have a couple of questions from the 1st post in this thread:

Quote:
when install DVD restore is done go to snow folder on your Desktop and copy the following to /Extra on your flash drive
● dsdt.aml
● boot.plist - edit this to match your EFI Strings, timeout and Graphics mode
● Extensions[USB] - rename it to Extensions
Where do I find instructions on how to edit the boot.plist? I don't know how to find my EFI strings, timeout, or graphics mode. I searched the forum but can't easily find the answer.

Also, would you consider updating those attached files to the latest? I tried doing it myself but got confused. (e.g. Chameleon RC3, PC-EFI 10.3, etc.)

I've tried a SL install several times on my G31M-ES2L with the VGA PNY VCG85512GXXB 8500GT 512MB graphics card. I've gotten it up and running almost perfectly, except no matter what I try, audio doesn't work (no audio devices show up). I've tried LegacyALC883.kext, I've tried LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver and LegacyHDAPlatformDriver, I've tried both, I've tried Voodoo, but nothing works.