View Single Post

Old 09-12-2009, 04:56 AM
Cheetah

kudos to you

Well congrats to you MonkeyDLuffy! When you discover stuff on your own, it only makes you better. Me.. I'm starting to figure it out as well.. just a few weeks ago I attempted my first OS X adventures and now I know enuff to be really dangerous! LOL As do you it sounds like. Speaking of.. still no sound with my built in mobo audio and I've pretty much tried everything that should have worked. ( but am listening to music via my USB Logitech speaker system )

My next attempt will probably be to just buy another hard drive, ( so as not to mess up this 99% SL working install ), and try the newer Chameleon RC3 method.

Anyway.. congrats on your success!

One question to those that may have dual boot systems ... I have another hard drive in my computer that is formatted NTFS that I use for overall data storage ( music, photos, etc... and share with my XP OS ) I point Itunes to use that data ( w/o importing into it's own folder ) to use for playback. One thing I notice.. it's sloooooooow on processing data. Same holds true when just pulling up Disk Utility... it seems to bog down while it polls the system looking for that drive. Without that NTFS formatted drive plugged in, Disk Util pops up quickly. Anyone else experience that? I don't think it's as slow with Leopard, so could be part of my kext setup??? Ahhh... a month ago I had never even heard of that word! LOL

sorry my poor english... I'm American.