View Single Post

Old 09-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Cheetah

Hi, I've just got a lovely rev.2 board so i could get my second hackintosh up and running after selling my old one and getting a macbook and then deciding that i wanted a desktop again.

As you know the rev.2 board doesnt have realtek network, first gigabyte board ive seen without one... just my luck. Anyway i went and brought myself an AU$18 TP-Link card with an 8169sc chip on it (i think). Anyway i installed the card and everythong, bonjour, gigabit, etc. works with included drivers from apple. I just finnished setting up 10.5.8 and am having some issues getting sound working, ive managed to get it to work with some hda kexts but the sound is horrible, everything sounds wrong and muffled.

So i havent set up snow leopard yet which is what will be what im using in the end after im done, so i cant check the sound with that. But i was thinking, it only cost me 18 dollars for perfect network, is there a good sound card or even usb sound card that i could get thats as good as the onboard sound (when working properly) for a low low price that would be a much better option?

Thanks for the guides you guys have put up here anyway, has been great help deciding the hardware for this hackintosh, board works very well and was cheap enough for my wife not to kill me .