View Single Post

Old 09-11-2009, 06:59 AM
Cheetah

no luck with -f

Quote:
Originally Posted by JShubert683 View Post
I have audio, all I did was reboot twice both times with -v -f -F. I am also using the new rc3 of chameleon. My install of SL with basically the old boot 123 way using the required kexts and got a full vanilla install with no issues without even installing through 10.5. So I would say try out the new rc3 and reboot doing -v -f -F and the kext util to repair all extens
Thanks for the suggestions guys.. but still no luck. I removed caches, rebuilt kexts, DSDT does have HDEF, etc... but all is silent.. well except my words of discouragement to myself. For what it's worth, whenever I use -f on restarts, I get KP's at the OS X login screen. I didn't think we needed to force a rebuild of kext's if we generated mkext files to begin with? But I've only read about a million posts over the last few "daze" so all could be blending together and I'm getting confused?!

May try voodoo option as suggested as I have read successes w/that. Might even try rc3 of Chameleon over the weekend since still don't have Chameleon on my main SL partition as it would hang up on installation.

Again... everything else works great in 64bit mode... it's just to quiet! LOL

sorry my poor english... I'm American.