View Single Post

Old 09-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Cheetah

Finally I got it to work on my PC as well.
I messed up my 10.5.8 installation, so I "had" to get 10.6 to work..
And I finally did!

I used your old guide tho.
And my vital part was the "First Boot: - turn on your computer and go to Boot Menu (F12) then choose 8GBsnow as the first boot then press enter, on the Chameleon menu choose your hard drive with recently installed snow and boot with -v -x32 (very important), it will boot in verbose mode displaying lots of text, if all goes well you will greeted with SnowLeopard intro video but no sound yet, just continue the process until you reach your desktop."

That made me able to finish up everything.

I had a problem installing Chameleon 2 RC1 on the SL Disk tho.
So I had to manually install it.

Also, my Network-cards dont work in 64bit, only 32bit (atleast it seems so atm.)
I got a DLink DWA-556 (PCI-E N Card) and a DLink DWA-140 (USB N Card)
Both uses Ralinks chipsets, so I guess thats why.
If anyone get a hold of some working drivers for 64bit from Ralink. Please, do tell :-)

Thanks a bunch for the guide. After a week of struggling, blood, sweat and tears. I finally made it. Boy, what a ride!

Edit: Now it seems that my Ethernetadapters have given up on me.
They wont work in 32bit now. sigh

Edit Again: I did a reformat etcetc. and installed everything from scratch. Except that I kept one SL install alive to modify everything.
Installed. Used the -x32 in the boot.plist, and now everything seems to be working allright
I just used OSX86Tools to enable Quartz (I allready had my 9600 GT 1GB String in the boot.plist)
and it seems to be working quite allright.
I just got a shocker when it said "boot: error" on my Chameleon boot. But I restarted, and it was allright. wierd tho.
Anyhow. All fine and dandy now! :-D

Last edited by dmbardal; 09-08-2009 at 09:48 PM.