View Single Post

Old 09-07-2009, 08:48 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsim View Post
Thanks for your update to this great guide, new files worked fine.

I wonder, what is the purpose of making your own mkext file? I don't have one on my EFI partition, would it make the boot time shorter if I had?

Another thing I discovered just now is that I can't boot into 32bit. I never tried before but I was trying to get final cut going and thought it might help with 32bit. I'm getting a KP quickly into the boot.

I tried the fix in this thread : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=181209 but no luck.
Also I'm not sure if I should include the kexts in the EFI partition when rebuilding the mkext as the fix says.

Fixed: Writing this in 32 kernel. I moved my installation from efi partition to main partition, but I think the problem was that some of my kexts had root:admin ownership instead of root:wheel. It was kextcache that complained about it and gave me the clue. I guess the fix in the thread above is quite good after all.
no need to transfer it to main, im running my EXTRA folder on a hidden EFI too but no problems on 32/64. To make an mkext just replace the path on the link you provided to the path your EFI partition is, just be sure to mount it first. If starting from scratch (new install) you can also make it in leopard just before the first boot of snow but remove the "-t" command and also replace 0:0 to root:wheel.. i just didnt include it on my guide on purpose to make it a friendly guide (meaning no terminal) and compliment it with kext utility to be run in snow

im still a noob and finding more ways to improve my install since this board is my very first and only hackintosh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzen View Post
Have Rev 2.0 of Board so no Realtek. Have old Dlink DGE-530T, which will use (may try to use SKGE.kext v0.2d or 0.2e but unsure if working in 64 bit mode) later after get to complete actual install. For Video just using onboard GMA3100 for now.
this could the reason but i dont have a 2.0 board so i could be wrong.