View Single Post

Old 09-07-2009, 06:43 AM
Cheetah

Tried Guide with Exact Settings for G31M-E2SL and Unable to Install

Have Rev 2.0 of Board so no Realtek. Have old Dlink DGE-530T, which will use (may try to use SKGE.kext v0.2d or 0.2e but unsure if working in 64 bit mode) later after get to complete actual install. For Video just using onboard GMA3100 for now.

Loaded all stuff on to drive as shown in pics on 1st Page of Thread. (boot file, Extras Folder (with Themes, Extension Folders, and in root boot.plist and DSDT.aml file). Have Retail Snow Leopard.
Edited boot.plist as required with UUID and added kernel flags for -v -x32 mode.

Also dont have running Leopard system other than on Mac Pro.
Machine trying to install on has XP 32 and Win 7 64 Already on it on single SATA drive 0, and then trying to install on second drive.

I am able to boot off usb. (tried with and without verbose mode and get to start install.). Then use disk utituly to format with HFS+ as GUID then select to install on. Then choose custom options and remove fonts and languages not required. Then starts installing and gets to about 24 min or less then kernel panic or crash. Similar to initial posts and post by dmbardal.

Could it be issue with DSDT file for Rev 1 vs Rev 2 Boards. Have tried to recompile/dissassemble of DSDT with no luck from comparing yours to the one extracted from Rev2.0 FC BIOS from July. Also tried 64 bit mode and same things.

I am at a loss. Only KEXT's used are ones in USB folder that suggest. Also tried KEXT's from OS folder but dont get into option to install get problems before installer starts after booting from USB.

Also tried changing BIOS Settings (disabling features for CPU, etc..) . Possible BIOS setup screenshots anyone? Any thoughts on setup here to help me get past install and on my way?