View Single Post

Old 03-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Cheetah

Hi guys,

I recently bit the bullet and decided (after getting a MacBookPro) to try getting OSX running on my slightly modded Studio 540. It took about 5 days of effort (off and on not continuous), but I have succeeded! I'll do a full write up on what I did once I have confirmed that it did actually *work* - by doing it all again from scratch!

Anyhew: I do have a few issues with it, namely the USB ports at the back will not recognise any keyboards or mice I connect. I have tried 2 different keyboards and 3 different brands of mice. My 8GB USB Corsair GT drive is, however, fine. I am having to use the front ports next to the card readers which is rather annoying in the mean time.

In System Profile the rear ports appear to be listed as "USB High-Speed" where-as everything else is just "USB".

Is this sort of problem usually cured by a custom DSDT file?

For the record I have not yet actually done anything with the DSDT as I find the whole thing confusing and am still reading - but if anyone has suggestions they would be greatly appreciated!

Second annoyance is that the SATA Controllers are not identified, so when looking (again in) System Profile there's just the HDD and DVD drive hanging off... nothing! Doesn't seem to matter too much - they work!

Finally: the monitor / desktop arrangement thingy does not work. I can drag my screens (I have 2 monitors connected to an ATI HD4890) but the main monitor is fixed to the second screen. I guess I will just reconnect the DVI cables

Otherwise, I wanted to thank all the previous posters for the wealth of information in this thread and others. It proved to be invaluable and I hope that once I have redone the whole setup / reinstall and confirmed it works, that I can contribute back my own experiences.

Cheers,
Dave