View Single Post

Old 02-01-2009, 04:32 AM
Cheetah

@_j_, you need to install the Nforce ATA Chipset drivers by Me Devil and the forcedeth (not V!!) drivers for ethernet. That will get you pas the still waiting for root device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _J_ View Post
Now thats downright awesome......

Unfortunately IPC nor lawless will work for my desktop any ideas as to why?
I am not so arrogant as to be a total n00b, If i have to spend hours reading i will, but its just tiring, especially for me, since its been around 3-4months.....

Anyway, IPC gives me ( i guess) a kernel panic and reboots instantly, can i patch it somehow to stop that?

Lawless I believe either does the same, or gives me the *still waiting for root device symbol/logo/pic. and with -v it tells me....

Thanks for any help....and I am willing to try other stuff to get it working.

Also, I still am un-able to format/erase my internal WD HDD to a master boot record style....-It gives me an error that the formatter failed....but i can do it if two partitions are made at once? weird, ontop of that i know the HD is perfectly fine because vista eternity 09 by Benjamin was running seamlessly alongside the atheros wireless and maxtor HD.

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 (1.9 GHz) SSE3 | Motherboard: Nvidia Nforce4 Partially Working/No burning | Video: ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro (9589) Working 100% | Audio: Sigmatel 9227 HD Audio Working 100% | 2GB RAM - 250 GB Internal - 500 GB External | iPC OSX86 10.5.6 Fully Updated - Voodoo Kernel