View Single Post

Old 01-30-2009, 07:22 AM
Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydeyrch View Post
GREAT!!! I am glad to hear that!!! It is very satisfying once everything just works. Have you found any kexts for your audio and gpu? Now that you have everything installed. I would recommend updating to the voodoo 9.5 kernel. You should be able to get it from the voodoo developer's website here. Burn it to a disk as an .iso or .dmg and then install it from within you booted up leo desktop. also, make a backup of your at least your lan kext. I say this because when I install from iDeneb using xnu voodoo 9.4, everything works pretty well. But then when I upgrade to voodoo 9.5, my lan acts wierd, still haven't figured it out yet. So, just back it up, just in case.

The Voodoo 9.5 kernel will allow you to update using the apple update program in os x. I used it and am currently running os x ver. 10.5.6 .Let me know how it goes.
You and I have very similar computers.... Well, I am getting the rest of my shipment from newegg tomorrow.

My build:
Mobo = Asus M3A79-T Deluxe
Processor = AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition Quad-Core Agena 140W 2.6GHz
Memory = OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)
HDD = Master = WD Caviar Black 640GB 7200RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
Slave = WD Caviar Black 250GB SATA
Video = SAPPHIRE 100258-1GL Radeon HD 4850 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP
Audio = Onboard
Other Drives = LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe SATA Model GH22LS30

I was wondering, what did you have to select pre-installation and did you have to apply any patches? I have iDeneb 10.5.5 on disc, I just want to know what to select ahead of time. I have installed JaS 10.4.6 on my spare pc, but couldn't get any distro of Leopard to succeed at booting. Tiger works fine on that computer though, just won't take Leopard.

Anyways, thanks in advance, hope to hear from you as I would really love my new system to multi-boot with Leopard, Vista, and XP.

Last edited by JA37VGN; 01-30-2009 at 07:32 AM.