View Single Post

Old 03-28-2010, 02:13 AM
Cheetah

VMWare Network Problem

Hello,

Thanks for the instructions on installing iATKOS v7 on VMWare 6.5. Everything installed just fine on my Dell XPS M1730 with the instructions provided...except the network.

My network card is a "Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller", which I believe is actually a 5754, for what it's worth.

The really strange thing is, the NAT settings kind of work... I can ping www.yahoo.com, for instance, and get replies. It can resolve the DNS name, etc, and I can ping all my local computers on the network.

However, Safari is unable to visit any website (one of those Can't Find Host or timeout type of errors). I notice upon boot up, Apple can't 'call home' to synchronize the clock. So why it's working in a bash shell and nowhere else, I have no idea why.

If I switch it to Bridged networking, there is just no hope with that.

I have tried both the 9.7 and 9.5 kernel installs. I've tried adding the Broadcom drivers during the install. Nada.

The only other indication that something is off, is that IFCONFIG says my network adapter is on EN2 instead of EN0.

(Note that I'm not concerned about WiFi, as I only do wired).

I see other posts regarding the Broadcom problem, but nothing specific to VMWare 6.5.1.

Any ideas? Are there any kexts I can try?

Thanks in advance!