View Single Post

Old 05-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyvand View Post
It is possible but you need a full image and a custom prelinked kernel...
ATV take2 is also possible (take into account that this is actually an embedded xnu 10.5.6 kernel...)
Extra kexts are also needed for HW support...
Also needed is to mod BackRow (with disc GUID inside...) and to remove the watchdog kext (or it will reboot after a very short while...)
Final step is to mod Finder.app (= BackRow.app) to patch the binary up so it will recognize the comp as being valid (branch if equal on some point replace with branch if not equal...)
For AMD there is also the need to patch up CPUIDs...
NOTE: The Finder.app from ATV OS can't be used with the keyboard as it requires an USB IrDA transceiver + Apple Remote...
There is however a workaround on this...
There is a remote emulation kext + daemon available that will let you map the 6 remote buttons to the keyboard...
As for the kernel I may be able to provide one built from my kernel sources so it will work just fine with AMD's and Intels + uses the custom dynamic linker (different build than standard Voodoo style dyld, uses different file for build...)
Wow, very indepth, thanks Andy.. seems a bit of a challenge then :/ No idea AppleTV OS had so much protection...

Previously known as NebulOSX. MacBook, 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo Penryn, 2GB RAM, x3100 Graphics. - Mac Nano (Benchmarks)- Gigabyte GA-GC230D, Intel Atom 230 1.7GHZ (Overclocked), 2GB 533Mhz RAM, Mac OS X Leopard: Boot132 Method. ULTRAcheap build. With desktop GMA950 graphics fix.

My Twitter