View Single Post

Old 05-16-2009, 03:44 AM
Cheetah

Successful & Easy installation of 10.5.7 on AMD

1) Downloaded standalone install and patched it with zephyroth AMD patcher 3.1

2) After install I rebooted into single user ( -s ) and removed the nvidia drivers (rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/NV* & rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/Ge*).

3) rebooted into safebot (-x) and install graphics drivers for my 6800xt. I also install audio drivers & nforcelan kext with kext helper just to be sure.

4) rebooted into single user mode again ( -s ) and applied my Dev. ID to NVDAN40.kext & NVDAResman.kext and rebooted with 'reboot -l'.

And that was that. Everything is working fine now.

SPECS:
Gigabyte GA-M51GM-S2G
AMD 3800+
1 SATA SAMSUNG Super Write Master
1 ATA SAMSUNG Super Write Master
PCIE 6800xt 256
3 GB @ 677
iPC 10.5.6

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
!!!UPDATE!!! iPod no long mounting.

I have realized that My iPod is no longer being mounted on my desktop or in disk utility. System Profiler sees it which is weird, if anyone has any suggestions please let me know

!!!UPDATE #2!!!
Ok so I obviously jumped the gun on this one. Right now No DMG's are mounting and neither is my ipod. I tried to replace a few kexts files (AppleHDA, Seatbelt, System, AppleInterPower...,) and a few others but nothing helped. I will be performing ARCHIVE AND INSTALL which will go a little somethin like this ..

1) boot to install dvd
2) open terminal from utilities menu on install DVD
3) Use 'rm -Rf' command to remove all files & folders but /Users & Applications
4) reinstall.

Hopefully I can find a proper guide on how to install for AMD. I have not found one good guide other than people saying "i did this... i did that... " with no steps or guidance of any sort on how they accomoplished this. I am not new to OSX86 but im am certainly not an expert. If some one has suggestions please let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 1.jpg (967.8 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by AndreX86; 05-20-2009 at 10:39 AM. Reason: adding specs