View Single Post

Old 07-21-2012, 03:58 AM
Cheetah

Not sure if this is proper protocol, so please correct me if I'm wrong... I posted this query at the VirtualBox forums, but I got slapped down for talk of hacking. I cleaned it up over there, but who knows if I'll get any insight w/o providing more details. So, here goes...

I am trying to move a Mac OS X Server 10.6 VM from a "hacked" Windows Vista Athlon PC host to a "proper" Mac host, but I'm having trouble at boot. I initially got the VM installed and running using the EmpireEFI4AMD ISO, then ran the default install of MyHack from the disk image. While this worked fine on the PC, I cannot get it to boot on the Mac. I have inspected the VM w/ VBoxManage "showvminfo" and compared it to another, earlier version of the VM that _will_ boot on the Mac, but I don't see any obvious discrepancies (although perhaps someone could focus my search). I think the problem may be w/ some EFI settings, as I get the following when booting:

EFI Shell version 2.10 [1.1]
Current running mode 1.1.2
Device mapping table
blk0 :BlockDevice - Alias (null)
PciRoot (0x0) /Pci(0x1F,0x1)/Ata(Secondary,Master,0x0)
blk1 :BlockDevice - Alias (null)
PciRoot (0x0) /Pci(0x1F,0x2)/Ata(Primary,Master,0x0)

and then I get the "Shell>" command.

I have one IDE device configured and pointing to the built-in SuperDrive. The VDI is configured as a SATA device. Any ideas where to look here? Would it be something in my Mac OS X System software, or a VM setting outside the OS?

Thx,
Fred