View Single Post

Old 11-23-2008, 02:15 PM
Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawlessPPC View Post
its iokitwait timeout or whateva its called that always causes the biggest hang. The interesting thing is that the install image im building boots in seconds. With no iokitwait timeout. Also I dont know if this has any bearing but both systems I'm running OSX on the floppy lights are permanently on. Any Ideas.
I have tried everything to cut my boot-time(currently about 1 min and 10 seconds), used different versions of AppleViaAta kext, a version of AppleOnBoardSata kext which was modified for sb450, and the appleatiata kext, and I always get the iokitwait problem, and always about the same time to boot.
Now I just tried installing your Lawless distro, and unfortunately it didnīt help at all, the boot time was about 1 minute 20 seconds, and I still got the iokitwait error.

My machine is Acer Aspire 5104wlmi, with AMD Turion x2 TL-56, ati 1100 xpress chipset, SB450, S-ATA 150...

EDIT:

Okey... now I found that the IOKitWait timeout is definitely caused by the IOATAFamily.kext, on my machine. If I boot on my external USB disk, without the IOATAFamily.kext, then I donīt get the IOKitWait thing, but then I donīt get access to my internal disk either... :-s

I am trying different version of IOATAFamily.kext, as well as just different plugins into IOATAFamily, in hope of finding a solution that gives me access to my internal drive but without the iokitwait....

If you guys have any ideas/suggestions, I would appreciate it.

- Ztardust -

Last edited by Ztardust; 11-26-2008 at 07:33 PM.