View Single Post

Old 08-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Tiger

Hi guys,

I dont mean to hijack the thread, but what beeter place for 2 quick DSDT questions for people who actually seem to know what they are talking about !!
No one has been able to answer me, well... because no one seems to actually KNOW what they are saying... Please please help!
DSDT is the voodoo of computers for to me loool...
Ok, I've got 2 Acer laptops and 1 Asus laptop. Just for reference. All had OSx, 10.4 to 10.5, many distros, my latest and greatest in my sig.

How on earth do I know if DSDT is doing something or not ?

iAtkos v7 Chameleon 2 RC1 (now RC2) and fassls DSDT script checked. DSDT.aml
is in root, but I tried in Extra folder and felt absolutely no difference.
On first boot I press power, poweroff window comes up (native install) My multimedia controller on my keyboard controls volume and front row funtions!! (photos in link in signature) - Video card not detected (but with strings + 2 kext native HD res QE etc)
Out of the box, FN and up down increases/decreases screen brightness. Other fn work, very few dont.
. Audio works OTB, clicks pops etc, no internal or external mic. VoodooHDA is the same,
Ehternet with kext only... didnt try stringing it because I got it to work
So how do I know if DSDT is working? if I remove it I am almost certain my laptop will respond the same.

My previous laptops, NONE used DSDT, I pressed power button, they worked fine! Brightness and other stuff too... etc etc
and I am scared because I read sometimes
"Patch DSDT at you own risk!! !
as in flashing the bios or something... can I bick my laptop with DSDT !??! When can DSDT be dangerous?

I want to try decompiling and fixing my dsdt for Snow... but I dont even know if

1) I actually need it
2) If it is working or not
3) it is dangerous, or when is it dangerous?

ok, three questions

thanks in advance"

Acer 6936g 864G32mn [@ Snow Leopard 10.6.1 32/64bit
C2D 2,4Ghz 4Gb 1066mhz DDR3 9600m GT 512 GDDR3

___Snow Leopard tutorial -> http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/guide...ted-for-t4183/
_________Leopard
tutorial ->http://www.infinitemac.com/f19/guide...-iatkos-t3357/

Last edited by Gurruwiwi; 08-17-2009 at 02:02 PM.