View Single Post

Old 07-25-2011, 09:56 PM
Cheetah

Hi again, sorry I've kind of hijacked this thread but just wanted to see if I could get some more advice from you.

I got the hard drive working, turns out you need to use the disk utility to partition it. Thanks anyway.

Now I've got OSX installed and it boots! However it crashes after the Chameleon black screen turns into the grey screen with the silver Mac logo. I don't get the spinning loading symbol I'd expect near the bottom of the screen. The VirtualBox window just closes without any error message and without marking the last run as having been aborted.

I suspect it's either to do with the kernal(s) I have or with other custom packages I need to install. I've tried several options, such as using the Legacy Kernal v10.2.0, then using Mobdin v10.0 (which puts up a screen saying I need to reset the computer every time). I've tried putting on each of the System_Support/CMOS_Reset_Fix/ RTC packages, to no avail.

I've also tried adding the kernal supplied on this thread to the install ISO but can't find an ISO program that can do it properly! MagicISO can read the ISO the right way and add the file, but always says that it can't write the new ISO for some reason. But even if I did replace the kernal, surely that's just the install kernal? How would I add DarkKnight's kernals to the Kernal package options or maybe after it's installed?

I have a AMD Phenom II x6 1100T CPU 3.3GHz, 16 GB ram, ASRock 880G chipset motherboard running VirtualBox 4 on Windows 7 Home Premium.

Any help really appreciated. Thanks again!