View Single Post

Old 03-30-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedna View Post
IMKANTUS
can you please tell me more about that amd patch process , i have some problems, i dont get it, i press "create patcher package" then app found about 3080 files to patch, what do you men by "System/Library folder - exclude any Kernel Extensions & encrypted files (find them in decrypt folder) from the text file - save the text file under a different name"

can you please tell me more about this, because now my itunes is crashing and full patch all binaries option is not working

thank you
Sure i can.

Open Marvins's AMD Utiliy, select "Create Patcher Package", press "browse and select "/System/Library" folder. It will take it's time and create "AMD.Patch.Folder/XXXX.XX.XX_at_XX:XX" folders on your Desktop. They will contain a folder named "decrypts" and text file called "cpuid" - copy cpuid to your desktop and open decrypts.
Open the cpuid file you just copied to your desktop with an text editor of your choice and remove all the lines with CPUIDs that had been found in /System/Library/Extensions for example remove:
Code:
/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement
0001070f    cpuid
Next have a look at the files placed in the folder named "decrypts" and remove them from cpuid file as well - for example SystemUIServer is in decrypts folder so you'll remove the following lines:
Code:
/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemUIServer.app/Contents/MacOS/SystemUIServer
0003471e    cpuid
After you're done save the text file and go back to Marvin's Utility: select the "Patch all cpuid's using cpuid file" option - remove the Simulation Mode - select the edited cpuid file from your Desktop and /System/Library as destination and let it do it's magic.
Atfer that iTunes, Spotlight, Photoshop & Co should be fine again.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 - ASRock AM3A770DE - 8GB DDR3-1333 - Radeon HD 5570 1GB passiv - BCM4318 802.11b/g - Snow Leopard Retail
+++
AMD Phenom X3 8450 - ASRock AM2NF6G-VSTA (BIOS L2.39) - 4GB DDR2-800 - Radeon HD 4650 512MB - Snow Leopard Retail (retired) / OpenBSD